When you start your blog, you need to choose a theme. It is important that you choose the right theme for your business. The reason for your blog, the type of business, and what you want to achieve will influence your choice. There are many different options and they span almost any business you can think of. We have a few things for you to keep in mind when you choose your theme.
1. Simplicity is key – some businesses need all the vibrant colors and different custom applications, but most don’t. Choose a theme that is simple and meets your needs. Choose one that is easy to use and read.
2. Mobile adaptability – It is no longer optional to have your websites and blogs be adaptable to mobile viewing. A lot of online traffic happens through mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. If your site doesn’t adjust to make mobile reading easier, you will lose traffic.
3. Plugins – WordPress comes with plugins to improve functionality and allow you to do almost anything with your site. Make sure that you have all the ‘must-have’ plugins and research which others you might benefit from.
4. Browser compatibility – Themes might not look the same in different browsers. The theme creators will most likely indicate any incompatibility. To make sure that it will work in any browser, open the theme in different ones. This is important because people have different preferences when it comes to browsers. The most known ones are Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
5. Multiple languages – If you are writing a blog in a language other than English, you might want to consider choosing a theme that is multilingual or translation ready. The plugins help here as well. If your site is accessible to more people, regardless of their language, you might be more successful than if you don’t.
These are the top 5 things to keep in mind when choosing your theme. SEO optimization and help features are also important. Most of the info you need is available on WordPress or sites that help with setups.